PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Mar 2015, 15:59
Phshoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Ok guys.

Today I got back from my assessment for the NTR B777/B787 position.

1st day:
they started off with a presentation about the company, benefits etc.
they told us the housing just had been increased by 3k.
so housing is for FO: 13000QR and for Captain 15000QR
We were welcome to take pictures of all the slides and share everything because they have nothing to hide(at least that's what they told us), so if anyone is interested you can send me a PM with your mail adres and I will gladly share the pictures with you.
after this presentation we were guided to another room to take the ATPL test.
I would love to tell you the questions, but all of us had different ones, so it appears they have (of course) a database, I used ACE and Bristol to prepare myself for this, the questions were from all subjects so no special attention to particular subjects.
5 minutes after the last one finished we got the result pass or no pass( they didn't give us actual results by the way).
I passed and went to the next phase which was the interview.
We were divided into two groups
The interview took around 30-35 mins per person and was really straightforward ( No technical questions for me, but some of the others did have) they are really interested about you! The atmosphere was really relaxed and friendly( they ask about actual situations, did you ever have a diversion, unruly passengers, difficulties with someone from the crew, criticism,etc) don't lie, because they will ask all kinds of details, when, which type, PF/PM etc. When the interview was finished they asked me to step out of the room for a second(like all interviews) and couple of minutes later they invited me back in. They tell you again pass or no pass, so no debriefing or something like that.
I passed and I was invited for next day simulator.
The simulator was on A320, they usually plan it in the evening (I checked all sim rosters when I was there, and 5 days a week the 320 simulators were planned for recruitment). I'm by the way not type rated on the 320. So it doesn't matter whether you are TR or not.
When we came to the simulator building they gave us a short presentation about what they expect etc(nothing unexpected) after the presentation we were divided into two groups again type-rated(on 320) or non type-rated.
Nowadays you fly one session as PF and one session as PM, so the assessor is in the back seat( previously this was different but they told us it was changed couple of weeks ago).
The profile is again pretty straight forward, normal takeoff and landing(we diverted back to Doha because of an ill pax),TCAS event, one EFATO, with N-1 GA, then non precision or visual. The assessor doesn't talk at all, just instructions.
Again after the sim we didn't get a debriefing, just a handshake with: thank you and the company will contact you in 2-3 weeks.

That's it!

Good Luck to all of you, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers!