PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does "experience with no accidents" mean a pilot is "safe"
Old 26th Mar 2015, 14:04
enq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like most on here I've had a few little incidents from which I've learned but nothing that caused damage. Also like most on here I regularly practice & plan for engine failures at various stages of flight but have no idea how I'll react in reality if it occurs so the best I can hope for is muscle memory & training.

I do wonder in ignorance if there are any decent sim machines out there for typical GA aircraft that don't cost as much to use as the real aircraft - I'd certainly pay half aircraft hire rate to use a sim that can deliver random failures providing it's a fully enclosed cabin machine giving reasonable G force feedback, faithful landscape modelling & of course flight physics.

Having a drama student in the back doing a scared passenger routine for minimum wage might work to enhance the realism.

In the meantime I'm going to stick to drills, AAIB etc reports, risk aversion & thorough pre flights & vitals & as stated below, appreciation of the changes to the performance envelope as configuration & / or attitude changes.