PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2015, 12:02
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enoon:
Incidentally and on another point, my heart goes out to the engineers who maintain the aircraft. Every time something happens the morons in the media note that the aircraft recently had some fault corrected, and explicitly or implicity, begin to point their uninformed fingers of blame. I am sure that the maintenance crews are already racking their brains and searching their consciences and such accusations must be very distressing for them.

An ex Air Force acquaintance of mine worked in later life at a facility overhauling helicopter gearboxes for numerous operators. Whenever a helicopter crashed his demeanor changed and he genuinely become very anxious and fearful that the crash might have been caused by an act or omission of his while performing a gearbox overhaul. His stress and anxiety eventually reached a level where he left the industry.

So I feel the maintainers out there and understand what thoughts they must be having when one of the aircraft they service everyday has a tragic accident.