PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many FBOs is enough at BFS?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2015, 22:54
22-04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has been a while since I have had the pleasure of flying into EGAA. But I've heard a number of good reports from other crew on the issues to do with access airside.

The airport has become more General/Business Aviation orientated in the last year, the new owners must know what they needed to tackle. It was like at times with some of the staff that couldn't use common sense.

On the departure of EuroJet from EGAA, there was a good chance for the taking to set up an established and experienced brand of an FBO, to provide what we are all looking for in relation to an efficient and quality level of service without the extortionate price tag.

I'd have to say that it is a comparable location when looking to transit the north atlantic and does have advantages over the likes of EINN and EGPK. Operators tend not to venture too far from the tried and tested routes unless there is a really good reason to try something new.

When looking to visit Belfast the more options the better, it keeps everyone on their toes if the customer has the choice.

BIA are probably trying to expand the General / Business Aviation market, another FBO in the mix might separate the men from the boys.

Does anyone have any experiences with the current operators at EGAA? Who would you select for your next visit?

22-04