PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2015, 19:02
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Easy Street

Would the cabin crew have expected any communication from the flight deck following a depressurisation? I can see a terrible image of all pax and cabin crew sitting there with their oxygen masks on, waiting for the aircraft to level off. At what point would anyone think to ask whether the flight deck crew were OK, and try to gain access to the cockpit?

IF this turns out to be a drama with two unconscious pilots in a de-pressurized cockpit, that would become a very important question.
As Wiggy says, Helios lead to a change in some SOPs - certainly ours, for an apparent non-reaction to a decompression.

If this turns out to be a partial / incomplete reaction to a decompression, and there is something feasible the CC could have done (e.g. rouse pilots), then I suspect we will see SOPs change again. But there is only so much second guessing you can expect CC to do over our job.

As I posted earlier, if there was a complete decompression, pilots not on oxygen, and it took 5mins or more to get below ~25K' Cabin Alt, I am afraid my limited AvMed knowledge indicates your SOP is not going to further involve the pilots