PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands anyone?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2015, 01:46
CAW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend, I know my english is not that good and I apologize for that. If you want me to I can translate my previous post to spanish.

As for the press in the "former spanish colony" if that`s meant to be offensive (shall we refer to England as te former french britain? or the US as the former british colony?) it`s clearly private owned.

Just like in Britain or in the states the press happens to have economic interests which makes them act in -again- "weird ways". You might remember this:

"But beneath Murdoch's public meltdown lies a bigger problem, and it’s not confined to England... It’s about what happens when media corporations get too cozy with power — and government officials fail to challenge them."

Rupert Murdoch Scandal | Free Press

Or closely in time:

Brian Williams Takes Leave as NBC Anchor Amid Controversy

Brian Williams Takes Leave as NBC Anchor Amid Controversy - Bloomberg Business

It`s the press!! That`s all there is to this topic. Why is The Sun printing these fake-news... just beats me. I can assure you that`s not because it is seeking the truth. It`s more likely "modeling a truth" creating a "common sense" that forces the G`ment to act in ways that go beyond my capacity of speculation.

I wonder if it has something to do with this:

David Cameron dismisses concerns over UK defence cuts - BBC News

Cheers!!