PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands anyone?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2015, 14:51
SAMXXV

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot to say (deliberately) that we have no more MPA a/c with US tactical nuclear depth charges,
as you all know, but politicians & general public don't.
With our current QRA (Listen in to Cameron/Millibands ignorance et al) with the limited fuel range of Typhoon the UK could not cope with an UNPREMEDITATED attack of much more than 8 antiquated Bears, capable between them of launching ASM,s that would decimate ALL of the UK's defence airfields & a few major cities.

Don't mean to rain on anybodies parade but things are not looking good in Europe anymore because of politicians who have never had to have a real job & are refusing to appoint ex-military commanders for defence jobs. I hardly blame them as IMHO above Air Commodore rank they have lost touch with reality.

I"ll toss an other grenade into PPrune; (as a VERY experienced CW/X band SAM operator/trainer), the Malaysian Airlines disaster over Ukraine IMHO was a result of a Russian BUK operator firing on a Ukrainian SUKHOI 25 that was circling the airliner- which we DO know occurred. The operator did not realize that his search radar had switched lock (very easy to do without realizing) from the SU25 to the airliner & IF he realised the change of lock, he could do nothing about it
with limitations of the BUK system....