PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2015, 01:23
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
It certainly seems that Karen Casey has been left in a legal limbo over what her status was on the night of the accident. Was she a passenger or an employee and who was the employer that was responsible for her well being? What was the status of the flight and does Aerial Work come under the coverage of the Montreal Convention? I'm not sure the reworked investigation is going to provide any clarity on the legal issues regarding her status and certainly ICAO won't be providing any guidance on the status of aeromedical personnel. I was surprised by Stikybekes quote, it had been reported on the other site by the moderator that it was a tragic case of suicide but those statements seem to have been withdrawn.

Just a side note :- how has the co-pilot managed to seemingly avoid any scrutiny or publicity..? Not sure what her role was in the whole thing but she's managed to keep a very low profile.
Good point IFEZ, the only reference I could ever find was in the preliminary report. I think it would be useful to know how the crew operated on that night and not just the PIC.