PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook TCX1639 Low fuel divert 20/3/15
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 18:02
Motorizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as further aside....

We were told , by the skipper,that the runway was being changed at Gatwick , our ETA was 2200 and this was the reason for the 20 min delay which meant our diverson.

However having looked into this it would appear the same runway was in use for at least the time period between 2000 and 2330

I also recieved the following from TC customer support:

'' I have requested information from the Duty Coordinators regarding this diversion below is their reply:-
LGW change runways in the evening which can take 20 minutes. The holding time may increase depending on how much other traffic is also waiting to land. It is not unusual for an aircraft operating such a long flight (HRG-LGW) to not have much holding fuel.

I am happy they appear to be refunding my taxi fare but am also intrigued as to the reasons given for our diversion

Admittedly using flight radar all the other aircraft at that time appeaered to be landing on schedule at that time.

I am NOT on a witchhunt or anything but just curious as to our diversion .

As mentioned before we also appeared to have a full compliment of emergency vehicles with blue lights a glow waiting on our landiing.

It would appear the Easyjet flight i saw depart from Hurghada beofre us landed at LGW on schedule at about the same time we were due.

Last edited by Motorizer; 23rd Mar 2015 at 18:06. Reason: additional info