PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Manston – History of No. 1 AEF (1967 to 1995)
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 15:31
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi all ...

I've managed to make contact with the former Station Photographer at RAF Manston ... who has kindly shared some quite historic pictures relating to 1 AEF

The following two pictures were taken mid/late 60's in front of the Black hangar on the old Western Taxiway. They are particularly interesting as they show the Blue Straps of the old 4 Point Seat Harness ... which was subsequently superseded by the 5 Point Seat Harness (the 5th Strap and Harness Release Box came up between your legs). Sorry to say, as yet, I'm unable to ID those individuals in the picture or the aircraft.

Again mid/late 60's probably taken on one of the Pans just off the Western Taxiway. I believe the pilot is probably Dan Ludlow (but I need further verification).

Forward in time now to the late 70's WK642 on a Western Taxiway Pan.

WB569 which was affectionally known as the "Bucket of Bolts" ... so Christened by the Deputy Flight Commander Arthur Standen.

Difficult to see all the Serials ... but almost certainly WZ845, WB569, WK642 and WK518.

I'm hopeful that I may yet receive pictures from Biggin Hill, White Waltham and West Malling days idc.

Best ...

Coff.

Image Credit : Mr D Keep (All Images)

Last edited by CoffmanStarter; 23rd Mar 2015 at 15:54.