PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AV Cargo
Thread: AV Cargo
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 13:11
Brian W May

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote from the article:

Key AV Cargo creditors include Liege Airport and business park, owed just under £345,000, Swissport (£340,000), Avient Ltd (£1.8m) and International Aviation Group (£1.3m), a now-dissolved company which was owned by Neil Glover, a 50% shareholder in AV Cargo Airlines Ltd.

I find it SO hard to understand why Liege Airport /Swissport are in this list when they KNEW that Avient had done a moonlight flit from Vatry. Most of us observed at the time 'caveat emptor'. This was always coming. You could change the name but most of the people (management) were the same - the airline even moved under its Avient banner.

I enjoyed flying with the folks that were there when I was, the senior management were appalling. I still vividly remember just before top of drop into Lagos, being given Andrew's wisdom on the Batfone regarding how to operate #1 engine (I could have sworn I had a current type rating and several thousand hours on type). Obviously, me and the Chief Pilot weren't considered enough, we had to have the wisdom of a . . . best I not say what I think he is, it's not polite.

Still, in my time, at least the crews were paid . . . even if the bills weren't.

Good luck Brian Gough, I can completely identify with your sentiments (wherever you're coming from and wherever you're going).