PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 10:30
Budding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're correct, both the Maths and Physics are multiple choice but again, as per my post above, it was a LOT harder than I and a lot of other people anticipated. 4 choices are still no help if you can't remember a formula from 10 years ago and it's not provided for you. On some of the questions I ended up playing around with numbers, multiplying, dividing, squaring etc and on a few occasions I came up with an answer that was one of the choices, no idea if it was correct though.

Just to give you an idea, I picked up an A at Maths GCSE and studied it for AS. I have spent the last 10 years (since GCSEs) in a technical environment so I like to think i'm good with maths and have good numerical aptitude. This has also been confirmed by a number of aptitude tests i've passed for other companies. This test however requires a good working knowledge of Maths and Physics GCSE and AS Level problems. I saw a lot of stuff that I recall being able to work out but I couldn't remember the formulas for.

Again can anyone shed any light of the similarities or differences between this and CTC?