PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 09:29
Budding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So apparently applicants at the CTC day 1 get their results the following day whereas the OAA guys are having to wait till mid-april. Can anyone who went through CTC confirm this?

I also wanted to see if anyone can compare things on the day 1 assessment. I will not provide detail but what I will say is that OAA were way beyond what I was expecting, maths wise and a hell of a lot harder than an MPL a did a year ago at CTC, A LOT harder. It required me to remember formulas off the top of my head (nearly 10 yrs since I used them a GCSE), it used higher pythagoras, acceleration, drag etc. whereas the MPL at CTC about a year ago used none of this. Everything you needed to work with was on screen and it was logical. The MPL seemed to be a numerical reasoning assessment whereas the OAA assessment was like re-sitting maths GCSE/AS Levels. The 'higher physics' was also similar, I hit questions that I could work a lot of it out but not get to the final answer as I just hadn't done this stuff for nearly 10 years. You are also talking about re-arranging some failry difficult equations. What I would say guys is prepare WELL, I plan to buy myself some Maths/Physics text books and go through them over the next year to ensure I'm well prepped for when this comes around again.

There is also other assessments that you do on the day that are NOT mentioned in the email or the invitation. I won't reveal what it is because I don't know if OAA are keeping it secret for a reason or if they have just forgotten to tell people. Let's hope it's the former. It was also very easy to be honest (that part).

With regards to the interview, the guy that came out before me said it was the toughest interview he had ever had whereas I found mine fairly pleasurable. But all of the questions asked are as you'd expect, nothing in there to really catch you out.

Can anyone compare with CTC, without giving specific questions/answers?

Good luck to anyone that hasn't yet done it.