PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPrune Mobile format
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 08:30
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How do I go to "last unread" post in a thread like I can on the full site?
As far as I can see you can't, in the same way you can't see or do a lot of other things on the mobile version.

I'm just about to head off so I'll only have my laptop, which, for some reason only known to the PPRuNe team is considered to be a "mobile device" as soon as I leave the house, meaning I'm effectvely stuck with the unusable mobile version until I get home (I really cannot be bothered to scroll down after every page or topic change and reset to the full version).

In my view there are some very serious bugs in the mobile version at the moment. Like many, I suspect, I've seen websites that offer an alternative mobile version, or even accidentally gone to them from web search. In every case it's been obvious how to get back to the full version and once back to it you stay there.

I like the idea of offering a mobile version, and a button at the top that asks if you want the mobile or full version would be fine by me. The present solution just doesn't work very well at all, partly through treating large screen non-mobile devices erroneously as if they were small screen 'phones and partly because it is a complete pain to keep scrolling to the bottom of each page to switch back to the full version.