PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 06:55
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Righthandrule

I think that is a fair assessment.

With regards to Monarch OTP they are much improved over the last two years, but yes they were a shambles, a company who thought having a crown on the tail made them royal, when in fact it should have been a joker for that is what they became.

PM may have passion but it's been said before " you can take the man out of freight but can you take the freight mentality out of the man"

I'm not sure how much money you save when the only other operator with an older fleet is Air Atlantique or the historic flight compared with new/newer aircraft but the level of back up that Jet2 now provide doesn't come cheap.

I do agree with other posters that a 2 year limit on claims is fair, provided that a) the passenger were made aware that they were entiteld to claim b) that their claims haven't been kicked into the long grass in the hope that by the time they get to the court stage it past two years.
c) anyone upto the 6 year limit who had submitted a claim but had it rejected by Jet2, but that under the new legal ruling would
have had a valid claim be paid out.

Perhaps the additional profit being earned on the much lower oil price but not lower ticket prices can fund the rebates

Penny wise pound foolish