PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low hour CPL (H) IR in search for opportunities
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 04:55
fluffy5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would suggest international work while your IR is still current. Middle East Africa or where ever. But with that comes some experience on multi engine. Most of the low houred pilots doing IR's this year will be in for a shock, if not next year as well. Globally the offshore and other company's are contracting and becoming less stable. My opinion is that there will not be an upturn for another 18 months. The guys getting the chop from a few places will take the jobs back when they are required. Some getting dumped in Europe will attempt the Middle East or west star, maybe quite a few when the opportunity arises to go back to Europe they will go back and shut out the new inexperienced IR pilot.
Nigeria is crapping itself, Middle East is not that great, international offshore have reduced all exploration, employment freezes and redundancies around the world. So I would agree with Camp Freddie that the viable route would be the instructor route, just to keep the bread on the table.

Fluffy