PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2015, 02:35
alloha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is a review for the Saudia Assessment in Cairo.

Written test is a 50 Question paper mix of FAA an the Ace of interview book.One of the pages is repeated .Average difficulty ,some of them very easy some others a bit old and useless (aerodynamics etc). Multiple choice of 3.one of them totally wrong.Then is another 10 Q leaflet with a mix of basic mathematics and psychometrics .Even for me with a terrible relationship with Maths was quite achievable ( i answer 9/10). From what we have been heard they are looking for an average of 60-70% in both papers.You will wait for an hour or so until they have the results.13 out of 14 from my group passed to the interview.
2 boards of five ,you will be picked by one .If you are rated in one of Saudia's type expect lots of Questions on the type .they are extremely calm and polite.if you dont know the answer just say it.they will help you get to the answer.If you are TR interview will last around 45-50 minutes, otherwise 25-30.Non TR pliots expect questions about meteorology atc general knowledge etc etc. They will have a 5 minute break.if u are successful they will congratulate you and welcome you to Saudia. Immediately they will assign you to the 330 (if you are F/O with Airbus experience) or to the B777 (if you are a Boeing guy).If you are a captain without wide body experience then expect ONLY the A320.They are very strict with wide body experience .If you have wide body TR on Boeing you will get the B777,otherwise all the A330/340 are assigned to the A330.

Next day early in the morning they will pick you up for medical check in Egypt Air Med Center . DO FASTEN even if they dont tell you to do so.We were 5 and we spent 4 hours. Usual medical check plus 2 interviews with two different psychologists (very friendly ,nothing to worry about)
Results from urine and blood test will be send to Saudia within the next 10 days ,so they have nothing to do with the Sim check which is the next day

Sim is a formality .Even TR in the 320 you will have the assessment in the 777.basic things. take off from 34L in JED (Wx is 270/10 Cavok) auto pilot and auto thrust ON,some vectors and a FD ILS (they ask you for manual flight before interception but auto thrust still ON with a go around (TR guys had a WS alert at 100 ft) .coming back for the same drill with full stop landing..Take off engine failure .Auto pilot and auto thrust remain on .coming in for landing they will give you some kind of fire that requires an evacuation after landing.They dont want you to fly the sim.they are looking for CRM and situational awareness .Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the sim. we were 3 plus the instructor and we were laughing to death.So the hard part is the interview and the exams.

The instructor immediately told us that we have the green light.Then you will have to wait for the Med results.(10-12 days) and they will send you the initial job offer (NOT THE CONTRACT ) along with a visa number . Then its up to the Saudi embassy of your country and the requested documents for issuing the work permit.

Thats it.All in all a pleasant experience with very friendly people in the HR department and the interview board as well.They need pilots desperately but they maintain some standards .From my group 10/13 got a job offer but the very next week it was 3/9 and as i heard the ratio of successful candidates is between 30-45%.