PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low hour CPL (H) IR in search for opportunities
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 21:29
danmansell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate all of your feedback, maybe I could've improved the wording....

However, the reason I was offering to work in exchange to fly is to continue to gain experience until I get a fulltime job in the aviation industry. I need money as much as the next man, I'm working fulltime to get by, but it is not in the aviation industry, it's not flying, and it's not making use of the qualifications that I have.

At the moment, as is made clear, the industry isn't great for new low hour pilots such as myself, so any flying opportunities that arise, I would jump at the chance, hence posting on here to expose myself to such opportunities. Not only this, once a career break comes my way, it means I have been keeping up skills, RT, scan etc.

I also appreciate that working for free or cheap rates could devalue the professional pilot, this isn't my intention and I sincerely hope I wont be in this position long term.

It would be a means to an end, to increase my experience. My other option is to not fly at all until paid employment comes my way....which could be a while!

Hecate - If you haven't already, contact NHV. They require minimum hours of 500 which of course you meet, but I rang them, seemed nice and very helpful. They are also opening in the UK with some 175's offshore.

Camp Freddie - I have looked at the FI route, however, it's more outlay that I don't have at the moment and can't quite justify only 8 weeks post IR, so I'm not panicking just yet, still something to think about in the future.

Logicfreezone - Very well said on all parts. It wasn't meant to be the main focus, however, like I said, my wording could've been better and I do appreciate that we shouldn't devalue the role.