PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 20:18
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Pitts I will not feed your inner Troll!
Dude it was you having a pop at me! But honestly these guys have been pretty badly affected by the Puma issues. Don't take it from me read here the CFO (Chief Financial Officer)..

Our Strategy - CHC Helicopter

In fact for Q3 2014 they it seems the decline in CHC earnings was all 225 related.

This quarter, EBITDAR was $119 million, down one percent year over year. This decline was partially driven by the impact of the EC225 return to service cost as we completed flight resumption of the remaining aircraft in Q3. In addition, we also incurred higher industrywide ongoing inspection costs of the EC225 aircraft, which are required as a part of the interim safety remediation. We will incur these additional costs until the permanent fix is rolled out to the industry by Airbus Helicopters in fiscal 2015.
He goes on...

The permanent fix comes out sometime in the summer, and then it’ll take us probably close to a yearto have all of our aircraft retrofitted. So, it’ll be another probably four to six quarters before we’re completely done with incremental cost. And again, those are industrywide costs for anybody flying the 225s.
before the CEO chips in with:-

That’s small in magnitude compared to the impact that the 225 had last year.
So look I'm not trying to say that CHC's issues all fall on Eurocopters door as i said clearly the price of crude trading with a 40 handle is hurting far more but it clearly did more than just not help.