PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 20:03
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rankings

Much of the ranking info needs to be qualified

Smaller airlines such as Logan Air & bmi regional only operate a handful of flights mainly from airports that are not slot restricted.

Large airline such as BA & EK operate from airports such as LHR where delays are the norm and getting away a heavy on time with business pax that think they should board 10 sec before push is a challenge.

Like wise large loco such easyJet, Ryanair, Norwegian often operate from busier airports such as LGW, STN its a very different situation from LBA, EMA, NCL, BPL or even Manchester.

This debate over new -v- old is difficult to quantify, i can only go on my personal experience of operating old 737 & near new NG's (under 5 years old) and there is simply no comparison, in the past 3 years of flying NG's only i have had two use the QRH just twice, that was a weekly occurrence flying vintage 12-18 year old CL. The CL is a fine aircraft but when they get old you get snags most are quickly sorted by powering down and up again, but you pick up delays.

It was interesting to read a shareholders view (2%) is a lot !! but any pilot with hours on new or old aircraft will tell you the newer the better, B787 aside perhaps !!

From what i've read Jet2 have caught the CAA's wrath because they (Jet2) lost a court case and should have paid up, but decided to delay pending another court case in the hope of appealing should that case be found in favour of another operator.

Inconvenience is inconvenience, no matter the purchase price, it makes not a dot of difference if i miss a connecting flight because Jet2 arrive late into AMS and i have only paid £30 or i miss it because of KLM (more likely!!) and paid £300, so unless Jet2 and other LoCo's are going to argue that the risk of being late is higher and that's reflected in the price, then they should pay up, the last 3 pages on here wouldn't be nor the negative newspaper and press coverage.

So great to hear Jet2 are doing well, just pay up please