PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 18:36
Jet2_738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with castleford tiger, though I personally would like to reiterate that I have no stake in Jet2, or am not in any way associated with them. I would also like to commend DjerbaDevil's comments too, and to Facelookbovvered, just take a look at the document, before making any rash or hasty judgements.

Is it right that someone should be able to claim three times the cost of the service when there has been no incidental loss.
It certainly isn't, and given the way this society has and is continuing to descend into, I wouldn't be surprised when it comes out that people are taking their doctors' surgery to court after been seen 30 minutes late!...

just how long have Channex been around?
Jet2 offered their first flight from LBA - AMS on 12th February 2003 - Thats just gone 12 years. Channex might have been around longer, but made no impact at all on the passenger market - see Dart Group History

Anyway, that said, as castleford tiger said, there has been 100% growth in the holidays part of the business, so Jet2 must be doing something right! It certainly isn't right that people hide behind websites like this, and slag off their company, and do it in such a manner, even whilst taking the company's dollar...

Older aircraft certainly doesn't mean more going tech. LS keep a good fleet, and although people like Sean Dillon disagree, they are the birds that give him his paycheck, and are obviously very profitable, and from my experience, certainly very smart inside too. Having been on many LS flights myself, and going on another this summer with Jet2holidays, I can say that each have been very smart (even the 28yr old 733QC's), and each have been early on arrival, including LS155 this summer, which went around at TFS, but still managed to land 7mins early. Even better on the return, I landed 32mins ahead of schedule, and even returning at 0100 in the morning, I can say that the crew who had done a full days work were very pleasant and had smiles on their faces as we disembarked. Irrespective of this, it is inevitable that any airline will get its fair share of delays, whether the aircraft has just rolled off the production line, or is going on 30.

The business model has always been, good quality planes that are lower to fly than new.
And it has, and continues to serve them very well indeed, taking the north on holiday, and that said, their business model of not touching London (unlike any other UK IT/LCC, is a very good one, and shows that the company is staying firm to its northern routes, and so it should!