PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 18:07
rudolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see you sticking up for Jet2.com CT, always interesting to hear your opinions on the various share bulletin boards.

I agree wholeheartedly with any criticism of employees that berate the hand that feeds them behind a supposed cloak of invisibility. If you work for Jet2.com and don't like it then please take your moaning elsewhere, perhaps apply for a job with Utopia Airlines!

With regards to 2 Captains and one FO, there could be several reasons but most likely training or an annual check. Also CT please bear in mind that there are quite a lot of us that fly significantly more than 400 hours a year and that flying hours don't equate to duty hours; I regularly work 50 hour weeks!

Finally, with regards to EU261, yes it is law and yes it should be paid but this doesn't make it right. Can you imagine being able to claim £200 if your train is delayed or cancelled, claiming £100 from the Highways Agency when a road is blocked by a breakdown or £50 from your doctor if you are seen 30 minutes late. The compensation should match the service provided, any reputable airline, Jet2.com included, will provide meal vouchers or hotel accommodation when appropriate. Is it right that someone should be able to claim three times the cost of the service when there has been no incidental loss. The whole system is far too heavily skewed to the consumer especially with regards to LCC who are working with incredibly small profit margins, trying to provide a service and keeping thousands of staff employed.