PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At one with the plane and the four stages...
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 10:04
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read many posts which lead me to think that newer pilots see flying as a numbers, mechanical thing. Though we use numbers, pilots must remember to allow themselves to be at one with the plane too. Like a person, you can "talk" to a plane, but if you listen to it also, the relationship is even better!

Though posts on this thread are, of course, pleasing, the near 400 views it received are even more pleasing. I still believe that there are many new pilots who take what they read here, and consider it, without commenting. If those new pilots can be inspired to find their greatest skills, that's the best.

I see airliners being flown by the numbers, because that's what's being taught. Then I see an aircraft flown well. I landed as a passenger in Amsterdam, in a KLM 747-400 last week. The landing was amazingly smooth, and precise. I went to the cockpit to complement the pilots, after the gate arrival. In a moment, I recognized two pilots who were at one with that plane, and took pride in a job well done - my kind of pilots!

I've been inspired before, I was inspired again. I hope others can be too....