PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another CASA lie wrt Part 61
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 08:06
djpil

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for the info from others. I'll make sure I fill in the forms correctly and provide the cover letter (as CASA requested) regarding formation aerobatics stuff. From what people have said they may reject it or overlook it.

From this document on the CASA website http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_asset...provisions.pdf
‘Continuation of an old authorisation’ means pilots can continue to exercise the privileges of their old CAR Part 5 authorisation until they receive their new Part 61 authorisation.
So, for example, I am currently authorised to (and I do) instruct (I often use the word coach) formation aerobatics with my CAR 5 licence so may continue to do so even if CASA gives me a Part 61 licence without a formation aerobatics training endorsement.

I wouldn't fill in another form etc, just refer them to the info I provided first time around - I can wait while the transitional rule remains in place.

I can see why some of my friends have given up flying for sailing or just visit the USA occasionally for their flying "fix".

Old Akro - I don't believe you were cheeky - continue with it, you were coached well (and legally) to a good standard then.

Incidentally, perhaps a good idea to brush up on CASA's definition of aerobatics prior to Part 61 (don't need to go upside down) and recall all those formation flights pottering around which would've actually included aerobatics and correct the logbook entries. Notwithstanding Arm out the window's valid comment "Form + aeros separately is a far cry from form aeros" but I'm still waiting to see the safety case for this new endorsement. Especially given the slackening of low level aerobatic endorsements in the context of regular fatalities.