PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Heathrow - Welcome to ATF !
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2003, 01:35
DFWcowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW.... this is the first time I've ever used this website and I can surely say that not everyone over in England is coming across as friendly !

ATF for the people who dont know..... I guess you guys have automated ATIS over there right? An electric voice that gives out the information which is standard ! Well, ATF automatan has a vocabulary of 700 words. All your boring stuff such as "Land", "Line up" etc are available. Unfortunately guys a computer can judge distances, departure intervals and sequences better than we can ......AND can save lots of money to the operator.

Emergencies have an overide facility operated by a contingency controller who steps in for go-arounds or actual accidents. ATF is nothing new, its been on the developing board for over a decade. Initially I thought 055166k was a serious cookie but unfortunately theres a lot of jokers on here ! Oh by the way 166K - there is a DCI trial operating with Boeing and DATSF.

Brightling - What is ATSA in England terms?

I did some questioning an hour ago when I got in work, does ATMDC mean anything? is that a NATS branch or a BAA branch as they will have simulation testing Feb 2008 for online at London Heathrow November 2008 !

Last question...... If I can direct this at London Controllers, How many aborted landings do you have on average a week ?

Cheers
Reggie