PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LH cancels 3,800 flights due to pilot strike
Old 22nd Mar 2015, 00:43
Cliff Secord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote from Old Cathusian

There are no high minded principles involved in this dispute just a desire to maintain a rather privileged situation by the pilots and a desire to eliminate it by the company. That being said this post does not represent any judgement on who is correct in this dispute.
I think this is well put. I'm a long in the tooth unapologetic person when it comes to this subject. You fight for your terms because you want your terms. You don't use tenuous, barely believable ideas or threats (such as "smoking holes" when talking about experience levels). Call a spade a spade. Companies themselves fight for work because they want money. They don't throw a tantrum if they don't win that ACMI contract, citing ideals. It's dog eat and they treat us the same. So we as workers have to treat them the same. The toothless get ruthless.

A comment further back alluded to public blaming LH and getting annoyed with the company for this. In my opinion striking never garners public support. Well it does, unless they're a customer! In the minors strikes the lights go out or in this case you miss your holiday. Then you can bet your ass it won't be the company they're annoyed with. It'll be those " £&)@ pilots"!!!! That's the downside to striking, but you're not doing it to win public support. It's last resort time.