PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA LGW Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2003, 01:26
Shadowpurser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow you've got all the questions!!

We fly on 737 300/400/500 and ATR turboprop aircraft.

All ATR should be gone by the end of the year. All RJ's have gone to MAN base .

As for only earning £1000 - £1200 average, I think you'll find the amount of work you do for that money compared to your average charter outfit very easy.

Your friend at EFLHR may give you stories of earnings of around £1500 - £2000. But that is at LHR and you'll find a lot of people on older contacts with much higher basic pay (before JAN 97 starting basic was £12,500!!), but that's all long gone never to return. Plus the allowance system at LHR means you can earn more money depending on times and destinations.

BUT earnings depend on rosters, and a friend of mine who transfered to LHR recently brought home £1100 for a full months work with no leave and usual days off - just all his trip were worth nothing in allowances. So it's not thee land of milk and honey you might have heard it is.

And for all those reading this a final thought -

The golden days of flying are over! Don't expect to get a job with BA as cabin crew and be rich. If you read the thread in this forum on easyjet at LGW you can earn as much if not more working for them...it's just you'll probably work a lot harder and not have loads of nightstops.

If it's longhaul BA you want (and believe me you'll be at the end of a very looooooong queue - with me at the front) where the earning potential is a lot better than shorthaul (especially at the holygrail LHLHR - then your gonna have to do your time on the breadline at shorthaul like the rest of us.

May sound harsh but it's the way it is. The longer you spend in the company the more you earn - simple as that, and this way no-one gets pissed off any more (as was happening at EFLGW a few years ago).

Phew - any more questions?

Ahhh see bunny beat me to it!!!

Hey bunny you out in Bar Med tonight?

I'm going later to sample the local ales - might even bust a few moves on the dancefloor