PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another CASA lie wrt Part 61
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2015, 22:57
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who had a formation endorsement and an aerobatic endorsement prior to 1 September 2014 had the privilege of conducting formation aerobatics.
I have been given a formation endorsement, but not a formation aerobatic endorsement. I did ask for one (yes DJP - a bit cheeky).

The trouble is that very few people can demonstrate formation aerobatics endorsements or experience. I was coached in formation aerobatics by the late (great) Ken McKechnie (part of the Skydancers aerobatic team). But I only entered aerobatics in my log.

But then again, I'm still battling CASA to get ME currency listed on my licence. They gave me SE currency based on my last MECIR test, but I'm having trouble getting them to accept that doing a command instrument rating test in a multi-engine aircraft counts as a flight review in a multi-engine aircraft and not just a single engine aircraft. So far its taken 2 phonecalls and resubmission of certified copies of all the same documents as they got last time.

All of this started for me because on December 4 2014, I applied to renew my Thai licence, for which CASA need to confirm to the Thai DCA that my Australian licence is current. On March 22 and despite at least 3 follow up requests from the Thai DCA, this has still not been done.