PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piper Lance
Thread: Piper Lance
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2015, 21:30
fredholloway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo lance

I bought a new PA32RT300T in 1978 from the factory. The TO issues with the big 300 hp lyc are well documented and handled easily.

1. notch of flaps...line up look at the numbers...hold the bakes...advance mp to about 35 ...a little r rudder and release and watch for rotation speed.....you quickly learn to feel the need for rudder pressure as speed builds. Learn to let it fly itself off and fly with the v speeds.

i flew the bird ( turbo lance) for 2000 hrs and went with a G&N overhaul mostly for peace of mind.

i flew it another 500 hrs and sold it around 96....have had seperation anxiety ever since.

i am almost 70 now with much more horizons behind me than out in front.. i am a 3rd generation flight instructor and Army pilot. I quit logging hrs about 10 years ago but kept flying in a series of planes.... i still missed my lance

Last month I found a litter mate to my old turboII and bought it...No regrets...compare purchase costs with anything comprable in todays market...A 36? Cirrus. Some of the new stuff.....it is a great plane....for serious:......capable...cautious OLD pilots.