PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS QLD Advertising for Pilots
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2015, 16:18
clear to land

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would argue that the Swiss national had not been doing the same job in Europe as he would have always had an ILS nearby, no remote landings let alone remote areas, no flare or car headlight landings and extremely good radar coverage. Also, it is likely he had minimal single pilot experience and SP versus Multi crew is a completely different operation and mindset. Also coming from Europe the concept of something as simple as the distances to travel in Australia are completely foreign. Yes he would have had significant weather flying experience, but again multi crew in a radar controlled environment with numerous alternates. The skill sets required do not transfer over easily, although if the individual did resign then obviously he was mature and professional enough to recognise it was not for him. Having done both RFDS and now years of worldwide multi-crew operations I can categorically say that RFDS flying was, at times, the most personally challenging and professionally rewarding that I have ever done.