PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (Only relevant in UK) CAP 413 RT for Air/Ground airfield
Old 21st Mar 2015, 11:55
TheEnthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey it's great that we're getting some A/G operators commenting on here - thanks people! I like that the topic has strayed way off my original post - it's a fun discussion. However if anyone fancies responding to my original question about phraseology then please do :-)

Things this thread was supposed to be about
  • using CAP 413 as a student pilot to learn a correct core set of phraseology for A/G airfields (it might not be critical but we have to learn something, so it may as well be the right thing)
Things this thread was not (originally) about
  • questioning the role of A/G operators - I love you guys!
  • the 'request traffic information' procedure for transiting an A/G ATZ (ok it's my fault we got into that, but it is well defined in CAP 413, and I found myself educating others about it rather than the other way around!)
  • questioning the need for a radio check - personally I'll continue to do them as taught and as I find it helpful. I did have a question about phraseology for radio check though (see original post).
  • the importance of lookout, aviating and navigating compared to communicating. Hehe do you really think I'd be indoors writing this if the weather was good enough for me to be in the sky practising my aviating and navigating? :-)
Originally Posted by Whopity
Interestingly, the original CAP 413 still exists as ICAO Doc 9432
That actually is interesting to me - thanks! As an aside I wonder if the reason that CAP 413 seems clearer at defining phraseology for ATC compared with A/G is that the ATC procedures are handed down to CAA by ICAO whereas A/G is something CAA has to define for itself.