PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 airspeed unreliable QRH
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2015, 10:45
nick14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloggs you are wrong.

It is not cheaper as the devices required to train from the early stages are much more advanced and require more features than before. It also takes longer and requires a commitment from the airline in question for the pilot to be streamed onto type. Under EASA they also require 12 landings not 6 so it's another cost for the operator.

One of the major parts of the course is UPRT and they receive more training of that than any other course, it is targeted training using the very best in simulator software and type specific.

Tell me how 40hrs on an MEP helps a student learn how to recover from a nose high upset in an A320?

The industry research and feedback is very good and often better than the conventional ATPL course and having talked to LTCs training these guys they have often said that the quality is higher than that of an ATPL student.

Say what you like but industry statistics say it all. Everyone I have met that has disliked the MPL system is ignorant to how it works. I was once the same.

Last edited by nick14; 21st Mar 2015 at 10:48. Reason: Added in landings