PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2015, 21:24
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Aer Lingus service was a well-received and used service
There is a bizarreness to the Stobart Air relationship with Flybe, or perhaps relations between the 2 are not so good.

What sort of relationship the 2 have,
1, BE express no interest in SEN at any stage except for a JER route that was pulled. (obviously due to easyJet arrival), then when the Stobart franchise signed EIR axe SEN DUB, enter BE, route canned quickly. One has to make an assumption that SEN DUB was losing money for EIR, otherwise no good reason why BE would have assumed it.
2, BE enter CWL DUB route in competition with their franchise partner Stobart Air who operate in EIR guise on the route.

The sceptic in me is sensing that there is unrest in the camp, would it be that EI and EIR are hatching a plan to launch EIR services ex BHD in competition with BE, if so the whole Stobart Air BE relationship could get tricky.

And in light of the slow up take on SEN services, it is clear from where I am standing which franchise arrangement is working for Stobart Air....

Just putting that out there ... as there seems to be little focus on the launch by BE of a CWL DUB route, which speaks volumes in my view.