PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal air force 63 and 19 squadron leaders from 1980 until 1994
Old 20th Mar 2015, 20:25
ex-fast-jets

Received 84 Likes on 22 Posts
If I can help............................

I have taken the liberty of slightly amending the original input, perhaps, to satisfy the spelling/grammar police. I hope that I have not changed the intent of the OP, but I also hope that you will get the input that you are seeking.

Although my time at Chivenor preceded the timescale that is of interest to you, I absolutely loved my time there, and I only regret that the Royal Air Force saw fit to leave.

Any record of the RAF presence at what was, probably, the best RAF station of its time, deserves a fair wind, in my opinion.

Hello.

My name is John Karslake. I live in Braunton, North Devon. I travel mostly in the UK during the year as a spotter of military aviation. I log and photograph aircraft from various countries when they visit the UK. I am currently doing a small private project on the BAe Hawk during the years 1980 to 1994 when the Hawk was being operated at RAF Chivenor. This project includes both photographic and written inputs. Any photographs that you might have covering this period would be most helpful and, if you can send me any information or photographs, then I would ask your permission to use them before they went on display. When the project is complete, it will be loaned to the local museum for public display in my home town of Braunton, North Devon, to mark 20 years since the Hawk left RAF Chivenor. Some of the information I already have includes some written and photographic information on the history of 151 Sqn and 92 Sqn during their time as Hawk squadrons at RAF Chivenor. What I would like to do next in continuing this project is to list the names of the squadron commanders from 63 Sqn and 19 Sqn during their time in command at RAF Chivenor from August 1980, when Chivenor started to receive the Hawk, and the eventual departure of the Hawk from RAF Chivenor in 1995.

Any help that you can give me would be much appreciated.