PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Mar 2015, 19:00
STUDENT PILOT 001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ctc wings/qatar airways cadet pilot program

Hi guys,

I have just perused through this thread and to say the least, I have read a couple of 'interesting' things!

Anyways, I'm SP001, a 23 year old from Nigeria, newly married and currently working. However, like very many of us here, Piloting has been my dream since I could say 'Mama'. The conventional desk job ain't my calling....nah! I look forward to a new day everyday because I can't cope sitting at a 'stationery' desk!

I have just taking a leap of faith in the career of my dream by grabbing the bull by its horns and applying for the above program...surprisingly, I just recieved an email that I was successful in the first selection phase! OMG! I am ecstatic!

Now to why I came here...I need a mentor. Preferably a Pilot working in QR. This thing just got serious and I am ready to put my all in, to ensure I get this GOLDEN opportunity. I know I am a rookie, I know I'm but a baby, and most of all, I know I am black! However, I need someone here, who is ready to look beyond who I am, look to who I can become and mentor me into making my life long passion, desire and dream a reality!

I have passed my GCEs, already have a Degree and Masters in the field of Education. However, like I earlier said, I have no fulfilment doing education. I want to FLY. I believe I can do it and with a good mentor to direct, I will get there!

Despite all I have read, I still want to work in QR. Many of you already employed there may have your different grouses with the Big Boss, however, show me a 'Perfect Boss' and I will show you a company heading down the drains. Despite all the claims, counter-claims and criticisms, QR still seems to be CLIMBING! That speaks volumes of the Airline...they must also be doing something really RIGHT and I want to key into this!

Anyone who has successfully used the CTC program to get their employ at QR should please contact me....I need your councel. Any 'good hearted' Father (Captain) or Brother (F/O) with some good advice for me is highly welcome.

Thanks.

Please contact me on: [email protected]