PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tunisia ISIL attack on tourists
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2015, 12:49
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tunisia ISIL attack on tourists

Islamic State 'claims' responsibility for Tunisia attack as nation is left asking: what next? - Telegraph

Again another attack, now getting very close to the bars and joints of Europe. Was on holiday in Tunisia once, a secular country even then. We stayed in a massive holiday complex ran in part by Thomsons as I recall, a split up of British, Dutch and German zones.
My guess is this is now exactly the sort of place they would love to attack and seize, and then murder the European holidaymakers by the hundred if not by the thousand.
That amphib .exercise we did back in Turkey (in 2009 was it) was partly a sort attempt to respond to this such event (but was a poor exercise, poorly planned and executed as I recall now).

Should the combined UK military, right now put up a contingency plan to deal with such an possible event for this Summer? I'll spell it out again. An Islamic terrorist group of in excess of perhaps 50 fighters heavily armed with automatic weapons seizes an entire holiday resort on the Mediterranean coastline of containing perhaps upwards of 3000 European holiday makers and begins immediately killing them.
Could we respond? Can we respond?
Something I think sometimes when I read the papers and then I remember Exercise Egeman 2009 and what a farce it was.
If this thread is too stupid or scary for them, happy for the mods to delete it now.