PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay sued in USA for illegal termination
Old 20th Mar 2015, 04:01
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found the use of the TSA incident in the complaint very surprising (in that it could cast a negative light on the individual's integrity and is frankly bizarre) because it was subsequent to the termination and could have been easily excluded for several reasons during the trial.

But I guess some incriminating statements made to an FBI Agent (which would have extremely strong credibility) outweighed having to explain why it happened in the first place. Must've been too much of a gift to the case they decided to throw it in.

I'd be REALLY surprised if anyone would attempt perjury and very much hope it doesn't happen for the sake of the individuals involved; it's hard to enjoy one's bonus when doing 10 to 20 years in Club Fed. It's unwise to underestimate how aggressive stuff like that's pursued in the US; especially when attempted by amateurs. There are several Illinois governors and Congressmen with significant slammer time--having found out paper crimes like this have a lot of teeth and are pretty easy to prosecute (especially for ambitious prosecutors).

Last edited by Shep69; 20th Mar 2015 at 04:21.