PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay sued in USA for illegal termination
Old 19th Mar 2015, 22:37
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playing devils advocate, can you image an American working for Korean Air saying he needs a couple of weeks off to fulfil his US Navy Reserve duties?
Most of know how that would go with the gooks of Hazard!

But as Jeremy Clarkson quips "some would say, that Osmanski was based in the States". But as we also know, it's not onshored, it's ostensibly a HongKong contract, and again WE know from bitter past experience, if an aspect (ie defence reserve duty) is not in you're contract, you've got bugger all chance of claiming you're entitled to it. He knew that when he joined, so to crap on now is disingenuous at best. The cynic would say he's just claiming the 'poor old me' case to make up for a) getting terminated and b) getting in the shiite with TSA/FAA for bypassing security at Honolulu wearing his CX uniform, after he'd been sacked.

Incidentally, I thought he was due to be sentenced Feb or Mar for the above issue? Anybody been stalking the US papers to find out if he was fined/jailed?

Based he may have been, but it's a Hong Kong Company and he was on a Hong Kong contract. That he may have been based would have been more for the Company's $$ savings scheme than his convenience.

So on balance, I'm with the Company on this one.
Standing by for incoming from all the seppo's who think they actually work for a US company just because they're based there.

Pogie:
Opportunistic loser!
Said in two words and far more succinctly than I.