PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructor Selection
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2015, 22:34
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OTGLU

There have been many tears shed on the way to a CPL by many who have shed beads of sweat to get the cash necessary but can't you see the irony? They would all be 'self-selected' and which operator would overlook someone with a CFI or CFII?

That leads to a population of instructors NOT necessarily equipped with what it takes to be a good effective and fair 'teacher'. Setting out to get the best job with the most money does not fit the profile of someone who has to see teaching as a vocation, requiring patience, skill, knowledge and that vital ingredient - experience.

Some of the tales of woe I have been told recently about 'the worst instructor I have ever come across' make my hair stand on end. He or she is the one person in our system that can bring about change. We deserve a system that delivers instructors able to do the job to the very highest standard. We currently seem to depend on well meaning but inadequate aviators who may have the potential to be much better but we have accepted that poor is just good enough.

Heaven help us.