PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KQ ghost awakens
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2015, 19:36
odericko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Kotakota

Wow what a misplaced statement. Last i checked KQ has a bonafide board of directors and an appointed CEO that run it, not KALPA.

It is the same board, that bought or leased the T7's that can't break even, at 100 percent pax load. Yup brand new Aircrafts parked along RWY 06, i'm not sure KALPA had a hand in it.

Expansions gobble up lots of cash, and the Airline industry is cash hungry. The management seems to have mistimed or mismanaged it. Remember project Mawingu and the rights issue? If memory serves me right it wasn't KALPA's baby. At a time when the country was going through Insecurity, consequently western Nations issuing Travel advisories to or through Kenya. Ebola scourge in West Africa, some of the companies most lucrative routes. High fuel prices up until late last year. Poor fuel hedging practices, i really doubt it was KALPA.

To turn around and forcefully retire a handful of T7 skippers as a cost saving measure, to help dig out of billions of dollars of debt is being insincere. And even so, the law is very clear on Voluntary Early retirement, all KALPA wants for its pilots who have given more than half their lives in the company, is for due process to be followed even if some pilots have to be let go.

Why some people feel the need to bash a union that only seeks to protect local pilots. i do not know. A failed "expat" maybe?