PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2015, 10:11
MidlandDeltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unixman - I am well aware of the issues over organ donation and preservation. However, I stand by the view that the story as reported is not the full story and is slanted in an anti-Ryanair way (and I have no skin in that game).

From what I have seen, the family arrived at the airport and tried to buy a ticket on the first departure. IF check-in time had passed, NO airline would have sold a ticket to ANYONE. The journalistic "20 minutes at the gate" is either a misnomer, or indicates that they were only there in time for the gate time - ie long after check in had closed.

IF that is the case, re-opening check in, getting these passengers on, and then rescheduling the departure may well have led to as much delay as the option then taken of the next available flight an hour or so later. The fact that calls to head office were mentioned suggests that ground staff did try to help, but were unable to do so. There are probably very good reasons why head office took the decision they did - we are not privy to their side.

I am old enough NEVER to take ANY press story at face value.