PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2015, 20:53
factor-x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Copa

One thing that you guys have to keep in mind is that this place is not perfect, build your time and get out.

Be prepared to put up with some stuff that you really should not have to put up with. Lately there is a growing anti foreigner movement taking over Panama.

The old Copa dinosaur pilots will discriminate the new guys, the black guys will discriminate the white guys, the white guys the black guys, the Panamanians will discriminate the foreigners,the foreigners the Panamanians, the FA's will be rude and not talk to you sometimes. Security staff at the airport is uneducated, abusive and unhelpful.

This is still the 3rd world, with 3rd world education, and a 3rd world mentality and you will feel it and see it once you are here.

I mean its a job and we are not here to make friends or whatever, but we do have to sit side by side less than 3 feet apart. I had to fly for the last 2 days with a guy that would not talk to me, would not shake my hand, and the only thing coming out of his mouth was negativity, towards the company, towards foreigners, towards the very people he was carrying. I was afraid to touch anything in the cockpit.

Just come, fly as much as you can, suck it up and move on.

Last edited by factor-x; 19th Mar 2015 at 12:05. Reason: correcting grammar and spelling