PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2015, 16:13
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
It's what happens when the finance types get involved and think of the business as a spreadsheet they learned at some business school while studying for an MBA. They think that means they can run a business when in fact they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about or doing..... etc
I don't really understand this view tbh and actually its a similar view to that displayed when looking at accidents. i.e. unless you have tens of thousands of hours at the sharp end you can't hold a view.

CHC seems to have very much a finance related issue. Bills in USD and income in NOK, EUR and GBP.... that is pure fx risk and i'm not sure why a helicopter pilot would be better at dealing with that.. actually its a pretty poor and elementary oversight but never-the-less.

As it happens CHC CEO is Karl Fessenden who has a reasonable aviation background!

2/2015-PresentCHC Group LtdChief Executive Officer
3/2011-2/2015GE EnergyVP:Power Generation ServicesNote: Power Generation Services & Energy Services
2005-UnknownGE EnergyGeneral Manager:PowerNote: Power Generation Services
FormerGE Technology InfrastructureManager:Integration
FormerGE Aircraft Engine ServicesMng Dir/Gen Mgr:ContractualNote: General Manager of Contractual Services, Parts and Repairs Services
FormerPratt & Whitney