PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2015, 22:47
nowherespecial

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
It's what happens when the finance types get involved and think of the business as a spreadsheet they learned at some business school while studying for an MBA. They think that means they can run a business when in fact they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about or doing.

'I make loads of money so I know what I'm doing' 'I'm clever because I worked for Morgan Stanley and Goldmans'.... etc

A business cannot be treated like a spreadsheet, it's about people and relationships and accepting that sometimes the best looking deal is not the right one. Of course the finance is important, we need to make money after all, but the business is about people, clients and own workforce. I find it highly patronising that none of the major RW firms are run by people who are steeped in the industry. Are we not able to run our own business, grow our own leaders of the future? No? Ok let's get clever finance people to do it for us... Jeez.

It's tragic how the people who perpetrated this gigantic clusterf&*k wonder off to the next job/ shredding of another good business and are not able to be held to account for their failure.

I'd get t-shirts with 'I was f&*(ed by First Reserve' on them and picket their offices in Manhattan. Only I'd get arrested for disturbing the peace while they laugh out of the window completely immune from any recourse.

In case you hadn't spotted it, I'm not a massive fan of Private Equity, or numbers monkeys as I like to call them.

Rant off, I'm tired.

Last edited by nowherespecial; 17th Mar 2015 at 23:36. Reason: hadn't finished ranting after a cup of coffee