PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 10th Jun 2003, 19:25
Diamond 'katana' geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DF1,

I'm currently on the Aviation Technology with pilot training course at University of Leeds. Just finished my first year.

In answer to your questions; The Leeds course is only one year old so nobody has actually graduated yet, so the benefits/costs of the course are still a little bit of an unknown. Entry requirements for the first year were quite low due to the applicant having to drop inot a process called 'clearing' and then re-enter the university application system. This doesn' t matter anymore as for the students starting in September everything is sorted. However, last time i spoke to my tutor at the university he was contimplating raising the entry requirements to ABB/AAB purely due to the number of applications they have recieved for the 2003/2004 course.

IMHO the course is excellant. The flying side is only a very small part of the course, i have a 23 hour flying session coming up in September, others on my course have already started this training. The technology side is very interesting, i get the impression that it is more a course aimed at students wanting to be pilots, as the technology side is very indepth and sometimes difficult.

Overall, i've found it a good course, which i hope will stand me in good sted for the job's market, especially if i ever fail that medical

please post if you have any other question's

GeeZ