PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigerian Government Orders Mass Employment of Nigeria Pilots
Old 17th Mar 2015, 18:42
1PilotGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Flight Instructing Nigeria.

I'm a dual citizen (Nigerian/American) and am currently an FAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFI/CFII) here in the United States. I currently have over 400hrs total time, and a Bachelors Degree in Aviation Management.

1. We have 1500hr rule here in the US... Is that the same in Nigeria for ATP equivelant?

2. Are there any current opportunities to Instruct in Nigeria to build further flt time and maximize on the opportunities from this announcement to promote Nigerian Pilots and Aviation?

3. Is there an NCAA equivalent Flight Instructor Certifications conversion which I will require?

4. How many flight hours is marketable in Nigeria for getting hired to fly Right Seat commuters/regional? Any info will be helpful.

I know lots of knowledgeable people visit, read, comment on this website. Networking, building Turbine PIC time, and being marketable for Corporate or Major Airline carrier is my eventual goal. I would love to help promote aviation and safety in Nigeria. So any advice or connections to resources regarding opportunities in Nigeria would be great! I have family in Edo State and also Lagos State.

Thanks in Advance.