PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2015, 18:24
southender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any reason Stobart/Aer Arran could not operate SEN/DUB flights in their own right?

Are there any stats that show the number of SEN originating passengers who flew on to the USA via the connecting Aer Lingus flights and would it significantly reduce the appeal of DUB if this facility was no longer available?

Recently my wife and I took a short break in Edinburgh, flying easyJet from Stansted. The flights were early afternoon and therefore not particularly aimed at the business traveller, but I would say the outward flight was at least 90% full and the return 100%, as check in staff were asking for volunteers to transfer their cabin bags to the hold. I would suggest that a fair number of these travellers would come within the SEN catchment area.

Both Dublin and Edinburgh are excellent short break destinations and should be able to sustain a decent service from SEN as the previous operations seemed to be fairly well supported.

Therefore, from the comfort of my armchair, the following would seem to work with an ATR.
Early morning, SEN-DUB-SEN, Middayish SEN-EDI-SEN and evening SEN-DUB-SEN.

I wait to be shot down as to why it won't.

Southender