PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 17th Mar 2015, 17:10
downsetgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Maxwingspan,

I was a student there. And have posted the experience I made.

Concerning the condition of the planes, yes they were far away from new when I was there. When I was there they were work horses and have been in use for decades. But this accounts for some other schools as well, where I have rented later in other countries. FIs at F.I.S. have told me that at other schools they worked at, planes were even worse. I personally have never experienced anything special.

I would suggest: if one doesn't get what agreed on, don't pay. The system, that normally some money has to be on the account before going flying makes this a bit more difficult, I can see that. And maybe that's the reason why it's handled this way, don't know. But there must be ways to to talk about these things directly and find agreements.

An engine failure is extremely bad! I cannot say anything about it, simply because I don't know the facts.
What happened exactly? In which phase did it quit? And could it be restarted directly afterwards? Which plane was it? I have not yet experienced how extreme the effect of carburettor icing could be in touch-and-go. So please, let all of us learn from your experience.

But if you feel you were in danger due to a technical malfunction and which could happen to others after you as well, take appropriate action.

Again, I am trying not to advertise for or against the school. All I can do and want to do is bring my own personal experience (which in my case was a positive one) to the keyboard.

Last edited by Saab Dastard; 18th Mar 2015 at 08:51.