PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2015, 15:43
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Earnings call

So you can go to the CHC investor relations page and listen to the earnings call and its Q&A. I'm sure there will be a transcript out soon.

Investor Toolkit - CHC Helicopter

Stock is off another 8% and on its daily lows as I type this and looking at the chart its a total punt. The stock is down 58% since the start of 2015 and that tells you all you need to know frankly. Its cheap for a reason.

If you read / listen to the earnings call then its clear what the issue is, aside from the fact the oil price in on multi year lows. A big issue for them is the fact they lease circa 80% of aircraft and pay these leases in USD and also have a fx headwind as the dollar is strengthening on the back of external global macro views (i.e. the general view is that the US Fed will raise rates while Europe have only just started a program of QE...). So that element isn't getting better soon.

THis from the earnings call transcript I have:-

"

Please turn to slide nine. Consolidated revenue declined 9% to $415 million with approximately 7 points of the decline coming from currency; the remaining decline was partially driven by lower fuel pass-through costs. The currency impact was driven by a stronger U.S. dollar versus the NOK, the British pound and the euro. EBITDAR fell by 3% to a $115 million however adjusting for the impact of currency, EBITDAR was up modestly.

"

That aside they do say Western Europe more stable in terms of a regional view.

I'm sure there are other issues/ interesting things of note.