PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2015, 15:33
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only Heathrow Support Groups Can CLEAN The Staines That Other Airports Leave Behind

Thanks Suzeman

Finally, some fighting talk ! AT LAST !

Indeed shall we have a collective round of applause from posters in the Manchester TMA.

I may have to get my copy of the hallelujah chorus out !

But why oh why has it taken 2 years to speak up?

To be fair we really should have had a coherent, robust campaign galvanizing support from across the N West and well beyond 2 years ago!
We too have leading academics, business leaders, representatives for tourism etc who are supportive of the airport !

Putting the business case for Heathrow well aside...it has to be said there has been a fair bit of criticism regarding some of the groups supporting runway 3.

"Back Heathrow" is one such group which appears to have "form" in terms of being less than, how shall we say being "squeaky clean".
“astroturfing” — a movement portrayed as a grassroots initiative but actually run on behalf of corporate interests"

With regards to this mob, i'm drawn to Suzemans post.. !

"Heathrow Airport Ltd will cover their reasonable travel, accommodation and other expenses as part of its sponsorship of the Task Force’s Secretariat and the research programme it is leading" (cough)

Well I for one am highly encouraged to see that the Heathrow Task Force is whiter than white, hopefully on that basis at the forefront of the Tasks Force research will be a full and frank assessment of the monstrous costs involved in RW3, to say that these were given a "light touch" by Sir Howard would be a understatement of biblical proportions !

I'm sure they can ALSO give that all important assurance on state subsidies as well (...remaining vigilant Basil).

(......NOTE ; the rest of this post has been deleted in the interests of full impartiality)

Can I pass the baton to Sir Shed ?

Last edited by Bagso; 17th Mar 2015 at 19:13.